rg3d 0.23 Feature HighlightsGeneral ·
I’m happy to announce that rg3d 0.23 has been released! This release is HUGE, it contains lots of new features for the renderer and other parts of the engine. Check the video for feature highlights:
- Physically based rendering (PBR) with metallic workflow.
- Custom shaders and materials.
- High dynamic range (HDR) rendering pipeline.
- Gamma correction.
- Manual + auto exposure.
- Color grading.
- Emission maps - allows you defining glowing parts using emission map.
- Ability to create sound engine instance without a sound device (@OlegOAndreev).
- Support for HDR textures.
- Import options for textures.
- Documentation improvements.
- File system watcher for FileBrowser widget (@Gerald E Butler)
- New Vec2Editor and Vec4Editor widgets.
- Improved logging on WebAssembly.
- Terrain refactoring and improvements.
- Material resolver improvements.
- Many bug fixes and small improvements.
rusty-editor has gained a lot of new features as well. The most huge is the new material editor:
Here’s the list of most significant improvements:
- Material editor.
- Ability to edit mesh’s surface materials.
- Property categories for inspector.
- Unified material pipeline for terrains.
- Property editor for light intensity.
- Editor for camera exposure properties.
- Color grading editing.
Support the project
If you like the project and want to see it alive, please consider doing either a monthly donation on Patreon or do a one-time donation via BuyMeACoffee.
Gerald E Butler
Huge thanks for all the contributors who helped to improve the engine!
Join the Discord server
The engine is supported by very generous people, their donations provides sustainable development of the engine:
Taylor C. Richberger
Erlend Sogge Heggen
Vitaliy (ArcticNoise) Chernyshev