This Month in RG3D - NovemberGeneral ·
In November RG3D has gained a lot of new features and improvements.
- Migrated to nalgebra from custom linear algebra.
- Replaced custom physics engine with Rapier - now rg3d has powerful physics.
- Implemented sound backend for macOS (thanks @toyboot4e) - now macOS is fully supported OS.
- Environment mapping - now objects can have reflections (thanks @itmuckel).
- Implemented geometry instancing - now you can render tons of objects with low overhead.
- Performance improvements
- Optimized local transform calculations
- Switched from slerp to nlerp for animations
- Made a step to batched rendering - batches are generating, but for now they rendered either using instancing or one-by-one.
- It is possible now to select shadow map precision (16bit or 32bit)
- Added gobo for spot lights (thanks @itmuckel)
- Added CPU lightmapper - it is possible now to “bake” static lighting into a texture to improve performance.
- Lots of other bugfixes and improvements.