Github Join Discord Sponsor ♥ Follow on Twitter
- High quality volumetric lighting (directional, point, spot) with soft shadows.
- Built-in save/load - save or load entire state of the engine in one call.
- Full-featured scene graph with various nodes (pivot, camera, mesh, light, particle system, sprite).
- High quality binaural sound with Head-Related Transfer Function (HRTF) support.
- Standalone scene editor - make scenes in native engine format.
- Multi-camera rendering - allows you to create picture-in-picture effects, make split-screen games and so on.
- Skinning with flexible animation system.
- Multiple scenes support - allows you to have separate scenes for game menu, levels and so on.
- Normal and environment mapping.
- Level-of-detail (LOD) support - allows you to change details of distant models to improve performance.
- Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO).
- Geometry instancing - render lots of objects without any overhead.
- Render in texture - each scene can be rendered into separate texture which, for example, allows you to build “screens” in your game.
- Sky box - add details for outdoor scenes.
- Lightmap generator - bake static lights into texture to improve runtime performance.
- Particle systems with soft particles - flexible particles system allows you to build complex effects.
- Navmesh with
A*pathfinder - build navigation mesh for pathfinding and search paths on in.
- FBX Loader - allows you to load models of any complexity from industry-standard FBX format.
- TTF/OTF fonts support.
- Support of various texture formats, such as: png, jpg, dds (including compressed), tga, bmp, etc.
- Advanced user interface with lots of widgets.
- Advanced animation system with animation blending machines (similar to Mecanim) and animation retargetting.
- Async asset management (textures, models, sound buffers).
- Advanced physics: rigid bodies, rich set of various colliders, joints, ray casting, etc.
- Powerful core library with lots of commonly used algorithms.
- Fast iterative compilation: ~3 seconds in Debug, ~8 seconds in Release.
- Lots of examples covering various aspects of the engine.
- Production ready - it is possible to build almost any kind of game.
rusty-editor is a native scene editor for the rg3d game engine.
Timelapse of editing process:
rusty-shooter is a first-person shooter, which is a big demo for the engine.
rg3d has lots of examples covering various aspects of the engine, they can be found here
- Yuki Ishii
- Vitaliy (ArcticNoise) Chernyshev
- Alexey Kuznetsov
- Ben Anderson
- Jesper Nordenberg
- Joseph Catrambone
RG3D stands for Rust Game engine 3D, it was started in the January 2019 as a hobby project to learn Rust.